Wednesday 21 September 2011

That time when I locked myself out........

So, my Monday night was fun. Well, the whole weekend was a fun one actually, and pretty busy. I shall start at the beginning!

On Friday night when I got home from work, I decided to go for a run, as I haven't been in about 5 weeks now! I must say, I was pretty proud of my 5 mile effort. As we've just moved, I needed to figure out a new running route. The route was pretty nice, I ran past a lot of lovely houses. The downside was that half of the run was downhill. You're probably thinking that that was a good thing and it was, but of course, that meant that I had to run uphill when I was at my most tired. Still, I managed it and I didn't die in the process. Three cheers for me!

Our weekend was filled with meeting up with friends, going to the cinema and driving all over London to help someone move house. The helping someone move was a spur of the moment thing. Seth heard that someone needed help and as always, was quick to volunteer. He's always been really good at that, whereas me, really not so good! I'll learn from him one day! I was Seth's driver while he navigated and he did very well, we didn't get lost once! I liked being busy this weekend but I was also shattered! I'm still getting used to the new routine of getting up so early for workand then getting th train to work, etc. So when it came to getting up at 6am to go to work on Monday, I was less than keen! I had quite a lot of things to do at work and it was difficult to concentrate. I was pretty tired by the time 5pm rolled around! I got the train home and I was really looking forward to getting in and pretty much doing nothing but vegging.  Much to my pleasure, there were no delays on the trains and I got home at 5.50pm, chatting away to my sister, Laura on the walk home from the station. I walked up the steps to our house, still chatting away as I pulled the keys out of my bag. I looked at them for a couple of second, realising that something wasn't quite right but in my tired state, not quite being able to figure out what was wrong. Then it dawned on me. No house key. I couldn't quite figure out what had happened until I remembered my run on Friday night. I never take my full bunch of keys with me because that;s just annoying to run with, so I always just take my house key. When I got in on Friday night, Seth had already made dinner (such a lovely husband!), so I forgot all about putting the key back on the keyring along with the other keys and we had dinner.

I got off the phone to Laura so I could text Seth, finding out if he was on his way home and praying that he was. I got the response, "I'm still in the office so you may want to eat without me. I'm very busy and want to get a bit more done before I go home. I love you". Of all the days! Nightmare! I texted him back, telling him of my dilemma, but got no reply. So I went to sit in the car and phoned Laura again. We chatted for about an hour and 15 minutes, which was lovely and it passed a nice amount of time too. Bonus! When I got off the phone to Laura, I saw that I had a message from Seth saying that he would be home in a minute and suggested that we just have fish and chips for dinner as then neither of us would have to cook.Not the healthiest of options, but I really didn't care at that point. I was so glad to see Seth when he got back! He gave me a big hug and we went merrily on our way to the fish and chip shop then came home, where my key was waiting for me on the side in the kitchen.

Moral of the story: well, there are a few. A. take all of the keys with me when I go for a run. B. If I just take the house key with me, make sure I put it back on the keyring STRAIGHT AWAY when I get back from the run.C. Don't run.

I know which option I'm most in favour of!

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor you!! I'm always frightened that Noah is going to lock me out of the house when I'm in the garden or something, so I left a spare key with my friend who lives just round the corner! It's a great back-up for a multiple of reasons why one would be locked out of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you locked yourself out, but selfishly I am so happy that you did! It was so fun to chat to you for so long and have a good catch up!

    Keep running :)

    ReplyDelete