Tuesday 9 June 2015

The day we went to Space

A few weeks ago, Caleb and I walked into town and the whole way there and back, the conversation went a little like this - "I want to go to space Mummy, would YOU like to go to space? I am going to be an astronaut and wear a space suit and see the planets. Can we go to space tomorrow? We can go in a rocket and go high in the sky." Yep, literally the whole way there and back. it's a four mile round trip. That boy really wants to go to space!

The next day we decided to make it happen for him, or as close as we could. We could have gone to the observatory in Greenwich but figured that might be a little too advanced for him, so we went to the Science Museum in London. They have a space exhibition there, with parts of space shuttles suspended from the ceiling. I have never seen a little boy so excited! He went charging around that place, trying to find the next rocket to look at. I love seeing how animated and excited he gets over things that he loves. I really wanted to get a good picture of him to capture it but it's pretty dark in there and the photos didn't come out very well.

Afterwards, we went down to the children's part of the museum where he enjoyed playing with the water and boats. He had a great time and didn't even get too soaked, surprisingly.


While we were at the science museum anyway, we also went up to have a look at the aviation section. Caleb loved looking at all of the planes with Seth, he was in raptures. Maybe he will be a pilot one day, who knows?!


Of course, one of his favourite things of the day was being on the train. The boy is obsessed with trains and it's the first time he was actually able to sit on a seat on the train instead of being in his pram so he had a great view and gave a running commentary on everything he saw out of the window. I love seeing things through his little child eyes!


There are so many times when I wonder if I'm a good enough Mum and if there is so much more that I could be doing for him. Whilst there may be many more things that I could do, I love it when as a family we're able to go and do things that he loves to do and I'm so glad that we were able to go to "space" with him!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment