Friday 6 November 2015

Birthday surprise!

I am really not a morning person. At all. I am not one of these people who jumps out of bed when the alarm goes off, raring to start the day. I am more one of those people who is in denial that it is actually time to get out of bed! A couple of weeks ago on the Monday morning by alarm went off and I said to Seth that I really didn't want to have to get up to get the boys ready to take Caleb to preschool. He told me that he would help get them ready and when I pointed out that it would make him late for work, he told me, "I have annual leave today; I'm not going in to work!". Now to some people that might not seem like much of a big deal but Seth works such crazily long hours and we don't really get to see him that much, so I was absolutely thrilled!

We took Caleb to preschool and when we got home we were just casually chatting when he said, "of course, tonight we will have to pack the boys stuff". Um, what? He then told me that he had actually taken the whole week off work, the boys were going to stay with his parents and we would have a few days just to play in London, etc. I was ridiculously excited! Not that I don't love my little boys of course, and obviously I would miss them but I was also excited about a bit of child free time with Seth!

The next day we drove up to drop the boys off at Seth's parents. It was okay saying goodbye to Caleb because he was okay with us going. He was more or less pushing us out of the door, ha ha! It was a little bit harder saying goodbye to Levi as he is only 9 months old and I was worried that he would have no idea what was going on or where we had gone but I knew he would be in safe hands.

On the way back home we stopped off at Lakeside for a wander around the shops and we laughed about what a novelty it was to be doing that at 8pm when usually we would have just finished getting the boys ready for bed! We then had dinner at Ed's Diner. It is quite nice but really the best part about it for me was the shakes. I had a nutella one and it was DIVINE!

When we got home we just vegged for a little while and stayed up later than we usually would just because we could, knowing that we wouldn't be woken up at 5 or 6 the next morning!

I was going to try and write about the whole week in this one blog post but that would make it ridiculously long so I shall write the rest in another one.....
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment