Tuesday 12 July 2016

No, it isn't just like riding a bike!

And what, do you ask, isn't just like riding a bike? Riding a bike. You do forget how to do it. Or at least I seemed to have done! I haven't ridden a bike in 22 years and I didn't think it would be that hard to do again, so when Seth had the day off and suggested that we hire bikes and ride through the forest I thought, why not?!

To be honest, I've completely made it sound like I hated it but it was so much fun! We went to a place called Bedgebury Pinetum about half an hour away from us where you can hire the bikes and cycle on various different trails through the forest. The orignal plan was that I would have Levi in a buggy behind me and Seth would have Caleb on a tug bike behind him. Caleb was a bit too small for the tug bike though so both the boys went in the buggy which was attached to Seth's bike. The boys looked so cute together in the buggy although neither of them were too convinced, ha!



Once we were all sorted, off we went! I nearly died when I nearly fell off the bike about 5 times within the space of 5 minutes! Seriously, how hard can it be to ride a bike?! Surely anyone could do it?! I was blaming my rubbish biking ability on the fact that the day before, I had started a new workout - the Kayla Itsines BBG for anyone who had heard of it, and I had done the leg workout. I could not walk afterwards! Well, I could but my leg kept doing weird things every time I tried to take a step. My thighs were killing somewhat, but it was so much fun cycling along and trying to keep up with Seth who, despite the buggy, managed to get quite some speed up, especially going down hill! Uphills were quite fun...... yeah, I got off the bike and walked up a couple of the steeper ones, I'm not gonna lie! 



The boys weren't loving life that much, bless them! Levi was crying for most of the time and Caleb was trying to sing to him to get him to stop crying. I think towards the end of it, they started to enjoy it a little more...?! 



I think Caleb will enjoy it more when he is a bit taller and can have the tug bike. I would definitely go again though, it was so much fun to have that day with the boys doing something a bit different!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment